Chinese Lace Bark Elm Bonsai Tree Deciduous Outdoor Bonsai 7 yr 11" - 13" tall
Chinese Seiju Elm
Native to China, Korea, and Japan, Ulmus parvifolia, commonly known as Chinese Elm or Lace Bark Elm, is a deciduous tree; with a rounded crown; unusual cracked, mottled bark which becomes corky with age.
ulmus parvifolia 'seiju'
Seiju is noted for its elliptic, toothed, glossy, dark green leaves, corky bark and resistance to Dutch Elm disease.
This Lace Bark Elm forms small insignificant reddish flowers in late summer; seeds in fall.
'Seiju' is a dwarf cultivar that is primarily used for rock gardens and bonsai. It is sport of Ulmus Parvifolia 'Hokkaido' which features slightly larger leaves and a faster growth rate.
Available 12 months a year. Will have no foliage during winter months.
- 7 years old, 11"-13" tall, from top of table
- Deciduous in cold climates
- Promotional Humidity/drip tray is available for $8.95; Or a tray with pebbles for $12.45; choose the applicable Option
- A Drip Tray Purchased with a Tree ships free
- May ship without foliage in fall and winter
Please Read our Shipping Information regarding Weather, Timing & Location
If you have any questions please contact Nancy (nancycyburban) at: firstname.lastname@example.org